Thursday, December 25, 2008

Henri Cartier - Bresson...an Inspiration





A few week ago Stephen and I discovered Left Bank Books. It's a sweet little book store filled with modern first editions and used books. Amongst all the great tomes, I found a large coffee table book of one of my all time favorite photographers, Henri Cartier-Bresson. I didn't purchase it because we were on our way to a movie, but to my lovely surprise, I unwrapped it this morning. Thanks Steve! Anyway, these are some of my favorite photographs taken by Henri in the early 1900's. Some professionals believe the second photograph is the worlds best picture ever taken...you be the judge. It is pretty fabulous though. One of my favorite photos is the first one.

1 comment:

diane said...

It's easy to see why you love these photos, they are pretty fabulous. I think you snap a fair photo yourself, and look forward to your next shot.