Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY 2009!

I'm not going to post much today, because I'm suffering from a slight hang-over! But I wanted to tell you all about a great restaurant that we had dinner at last night called Perilla in Greenwich Village. It's a cozy 18 table with a warm atmosphere and food that is pleasing to the palette. The ricotta heirloom beet & goat cheese gnocchi with brown butter, hazelnuts & sage was exceptional, as was the poached Maine lobster with sunchokes, cauliflower, and coconut milk froth. I know! The froth was a little strange, but that is the new thing that a lot of chefs are doing now, especially the ones from Top Chef! I guess it's fitting for Harold Dieterle, Chef and owner of Perilla and winner of Top Chef. Just showing off his gastronomy skills I guess. Anyhow, we ended the night at a friends house party, which was just perfect! We didn't want to get stuck in that nasty Time Square crowd. I did drink just a tad too much, I can barely type this post, so in ending...HAPPY NEW YEAR! May this year bring you all everything you wish for.

No comments: