Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Year Was 1986

And I was doing exactly what these kids were doing in this video. I swear when I saw it for the first time, I thought I was going to see a little brown haired boy with a mustard colored rayon ensemble pop out of the crowd and bust his little move! That would have been me of course. Ooooh...the days, when The Roger Rabbit, The Electric Slide, The Oak Tree, The Kid n Play, and Pop Locking were such "The Thing!" Yes, these are all dance moves that still hold a special place in my heart. Click play on the video below.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cutest thing! That remains me of Donnie Darko.

diane said...

Hilarius! Michael Jackson moves, bad choreography, a little ballet. Funny, I don't remember seeing stuff like this on Soul Train. Sadly, I didn't make it all of the way through the video, I thought the flashing exercise thing was going to put me into a seizure.

Anonymous said...

I remember that mustard colored rayon ensemble... in fact, I think I have a class picture of you wearing it! Ahhh the memories... (Steph, btw)

The Concrete Commentator said...

Yes...you probably do have a photo of it Steph!hahaha!!