Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Left Side of the City






Visited some of my favorite stores yesterday while out Holiday shopping. Couldn't help but to pick up something a little yummy for my olfactory at Aedes De Venustas, a Cire Trudon candle. My apartment is full of a wind of freedom coming all at once from the Mascara coast and down from the mountains bringing in its foolish race the green scents of fresh mint, the rashness of fights, the hot and peppered air of ginger and the perfume of tea and tabacco from the Ouled Nail tribe... I'm just saying, that's what the card reads in the candle box!

2 comments:

diane said...

I can't believe I'm saying this because I'm a country girl, but I love New York. The stores are inspirational, I wish we had some shops like that around here.

M said...

Jesse -- Thanks for your comment the other day, and for mentioning "Odin 01". Cream and spice -- mmm, sounds like my kind of scent. (Ever tried "Histoires de Parfum 1828? That matches the cream-and-spice theme, with a lovely mint note up top.)
Have a great weekend,
Michael