Wednesday, January 21, 2009

From J Crew to Wu!

OK, Some people may not have liked the gowns that Michelle wore for the Inauguration and ball, but as Anne Curry said this morning "She looked lovely", and she did! What really fascinates me is that Michelle could have chosen a big name designer such as Yves St. Lauren, or Ralph Lauren, but she didn't, she went out wearing young designers creations who most have never heard of. Isabel Todelo designed her wool lace gown and chose the lemon grass color because she felt it was fresh and new, and I love that Mrs. O decided to wear the green J Crew gloves with it. Jason Wu said he wanted to create a dress with a dreamlike quality for her evening attire, which I think he accomplished with white silk-chiffon embellished with organza and Swarovski rhinestones. Anyway, yeah her dresses might not appeal to the masses, but I respect the fact that she seems very comfortable with her OWN style. She also gets extra points for surprising these designers with wearing their gowns. I just feel her fashion choices go hand and hand of who The Obama's are - New and Refreshing!

4 comments:

diane said...

Nice commentary CC. She really did look nice, didn't she? I thought her daughters looked very cute, as well.

John Busschaert said...

I thought she looked outstanding. And I agree with Diane, their daughters looked outstanding as well.

Linka said...

very well said, and .., indeed - striking looks when you first see them, but very inspiring and bold when you take a closer look.

Maria Killam said...

I totally agree, she is a classy woman!