Friday, February 26, 2010

The 80's...Again!





There is no questions about it, we are reliving the 80's. I actually don't mind, I loved the era, I mean, I was just a kid, but the whole care free fashion experimentation and electronic music really helped a small town gay boy out, and I mean small...population-800!. It allowed me to express myself as an individual in a crap hole of a town! With a little help from Lady Gaga, the 80's are back. The sad sad economy I think motivates people to step out of the box, and express themselves through music, fashion and art. This helps to remove themselves from current issues, because after a while it just gets to be all too much. We need relief, we need to have a little fun, and just let it all go. I believe that the creative community introduces their best work during a time of crisis. Currently, people in general have just a little more time on their hands, this allows us to think more (or maybe not), create more, and opens up a space for inspiration...we all want to be inspired right now!! Anyway, yesterday's New York Times had a great article called "Going Gaga". The photographs in the article are great... NYC club kids, socialites, musicians and artists in their colorful getup's.

No comments: