Monday, January 19, 2009

Hall of Frame




I've been working on this project for a couple weeks now, and I like the way it turned out. I got a hold of old family photos and framed them in various sized frames and mattes. Matte's give the art or photograph importance and showcases them. All of the mattes are white, keeping that cluttered look to a minimal, and there are only 3 frame colors; white, black and beige. The white and beige keeps everything soft, while the black frames add drama. Hanging the frames in a non uniformed way as I did, also helps with adding interest. I then completed the installation by adding my collection of calligraphy brushes - some are sitting on top of the frames and the others, I unfortunately hung up after I took these photographs. We love walking through our hallway now!

5 comments:

diane said...

What a nice tribute to your family. The brushes are a nice touch.

John Busschaert said...

I love this idea. It's both art, and family. It makes your apartment more personal, more your home.

Geisslein said...

I´ve the same thing in my living room - all the pictures of my family in frames in beige, black or offwhite - I love it!

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

Marquis de Lannes said...

Très beau!